Water Damage in Vero Beach
Welcome to the Most Trusted Restoration Company in Vero Beach, FL
Water Damage (Removal, Clean-Up & Restoration)
Available 24/7. 25 Years of Experience. Emergency Response Teams Standing By.
When water damage occurs in your home, time is not own your side.. You need to start the water damage restoration with 24-48 hours to help avoid mold spores growth in the the building and to avoid expensive mold remediation.
If the area of water damage is extensive, , professional assistance will be needed to dry out the home quickly and thoroughly. The Experts at TLC Restoration are always ready to help you with your disaster.
The following list has guidelines for responding to most water damage to prevent mold growth. Each is followed by action steps you can take to prevent further damage.
Paper products and Documents
- Anything non essential, toss out
- Photocopy valuable/important documents, throw away originals.
- If you want to try and save your original documents place them in the freezer.
Carpet and Carpet Padding.
- Dry out as fast as possible
- Discard and replace.
- Reduce humidity levels with a dehumidifier
- Use fans to speed up drying time
- If you have a drop ceiling at the property and they have been affected, discard and replace them
Fiberglass and Cellulose Insulation
- Wet insulation will need replacing
- Remove water with water vacuum
- Speed up the drying process with dehumidifiers, fans, and/or heaters
Flooring – Linoleum, Tile, Vinyl
- Vacuum or damp wipe with water and soap and allow to dry.
- Check the sub floor under the tile or vinyl. If damp or wet you must dry out the sub flooring.
- Remove water with water removal vacuum
- speed up drying process with dehumidifiers, fans, and/or heaters
- Could be difficult to dry out completely If the piece is valuable, call TLC Experts immediately
Wallboard and Drywall
- May be dried in place if there is no swelling and the seams are intact. If severely damaged, Just throw it away. It will need to be replaced.
- Ventilate the wall cavity, if possible and add fans.
Curtains and Drapes
- Follow laundering or cleaning instructions recommended by the manufacturer
- Remove moisture immediately and use dehumidifiers, low heat, and fans for drying. Use caution when applying heat to hardwood floors
- Treated or finished wood surfaces may be cleaned with mild detergent and clean water and allowed to dry
- Wet paneling should be pried away from wall, if warped, (likely) Throw out and replace.
These guidelines are for damage caused by clean water. If you know or suspect that the water source is contaminated with sewage, or chemical or biological pollutants, then personal protective equipment. An experienced professional should be consulted. Do not use fans before determining that the water is clean or sanitary.
Lastly, call your insurance company and determine if the water damage is covered under your homeowner’s policy. The experienced pros at TLC Experts can help you with this and all the other steps of water damage restoration in Vero Beach.
All water damage restoration services are performed by our IICRC certified technicians who focus high-quality results and outstanding customer service above all else. Our services are 100% satisfaction guaranteed and available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. If you have a pipe that breaks, don’t delay, call the professional water restoration team at TLC Experts.